Collaborating for Success: Economic Development for the Next Generation
When: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 1:00 PM CDT thru Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM CDT
The Skirvin Hilton - Oklahoma City
One Park Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Now in its third year, this event seeks to bring together a broad array of stakeholders - early childhood practitioners, advocates, business leaders, and policymakers - for high-quality presentations and rich dialogue on the wide variety of fields that impact early care and education.
The goal is to share effective strategies and policies that foster early childhood program collaboration and systems-building in communities to enhance the quality and continuity of early learning services for young children. The conference schedule is full of sessions that will rekindle your passion for early childhood collaboration efforts.
The two-day conference will begin Wednesday afternoon, April 17th with pre-conference sessions and a full day of sessions beginning Thursday morning, April 18th. Our featured speakers for the conference include:
- Phil Acord, President and CEO of Children's Home of Tennessee
- Major General Rita Aragon, Oklahoma Secretary of Military and Veterans Affairs
- Jill Haglund, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
- Christine Johnson-Staub, Center for Law and Social Policy
- Karen Ponder, Smart Start North Carolina
- Gina Ruther, Head Start State Collaboration Director and Acting Child Care Bureau Chief for the Illinois Department of Human Service
- Margie Wallen, The Ounce of Prevention Fund
Don't miss this unique opportunity for two days of quality professional development, networking opportunities, and innovative ideas to promote school readiness in Oklahoma.
To register, click here
For more information, click here
The conference room rate at the Skirvin Hotel is $125/night. To book online click here or book by phone and mention the Smart Start Conference
Smart Start Oklahoma