To promote industrial and economic development, including new jobs for any part or all of the Oklahoma Panhandle region including communities in the Texas Panhandle and Southwest Kansas. Such promotion shall include rendering assistance to communities and prospects within the region for economic development in markets that include, but are not limited to, manufacturing, industrial, scientific, education business enterprises, and trade development of such area as well as inducing the location in such area of other manufacturing industrial, scientific, education and business establishments.
- Work with board to establish vision, goals, and objectives for economic development in the region with measurable results.
- Assist in community and economic development efforts to help with business retention, expansion and recruitment.
- Market the area as a viable region to do business.
- Work with existing business on value added possibilities.
- Recruit businesses for membership and participation in PREDCI.
- Help organize community/county volunteers for economic development purposes.
- Work at state and national levels to promote the region and legislative issues including but not limited to working with the Oklahoma Department of Commerce and other entities.
- Provide presentations for area civic clubs, associations, events, Chambers of Commerce, and other groups interested in the economic vitality of the Panhandle Region.
- Create opportunities for regional leaders to exchange ideas, share experiences and take advantage of expert advice through the network.
- Provide information to state lawmakers and officials on a wide gamut of public policy issues.
- Advocate for legislation useful to our region and oppose bills that could be detrimental.
- Represent the region at and on various regional and state boards and commissions, conferences for community and economic development.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
A bachelor's degree is required, preferably in a related field. Examples of related fields would include (but not be limited to) economic development, city planning, public administration, business administration, economics, finance, etc.
Applicants must have at least five years of professional-level experience in a similar profession. Direct experience in business planning, finance, business retention & expansion, community development, and economic development are preferred.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal community and economic development programs, services and activities.
- Knowledge of private and governmental grant programs and sources.
- Ability to communicate orally, in writing and electronically.
- Ability to coordinate monthly board meetings, and provide necessary documents and reports.
- Prepare, distribute, and track annual membership dues and provide appropriate reporting.
**Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org