The following position is available with the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education.
Serve as a coordinator between Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education and administrative entities involved with the delivery of career and technology education programs and services with specific emphasis on the relationship with the Oklahoma Department of Commerce. Assist in convening relevant partner groups for the purpose of supporting the system strategic purposes and the goals set forth by the State Director/State Board of Career and Technology Education.
A successful candidate will have five years of successful, recent work experience in the field of career and technology education and/or business and industry and/or economic development. Bachelor degree in business, education or a related field required. Relevance of education and experience relating to position’s job duties will be validated and considered in the selection process.
Requires presentation skills coupled with appropriate technology. Requires computer skills coupled with analysis of information planning and organizational skills for multiple projects. Requires project management for complex projects. Certification in economic development preferred.
This position involves extensive driving in all weather conditions to meet the needs of this position and to collaborate with a variety of others with whom we partner to achieve our job in economic development, job creation and to improve workforce performance. When not in travel status, normal office conditions are present.
Position based at Oklahoma Department of Commerce – Oklahoma City, OK.
- Process and support all aspects of the economic development initiatives administered through ODCTE. Provide input and assistance related to the Training for Industry Program (TIP) and other Economic Development Initiative funding programs. The position will provide all administrative functions for TIP projects generated by DOC contacts.
- Develop relationships / partnerships with various economic entities (DOC, State and City Chambers of Commerce, Business Groups) to provide preliminary information on potential new or expanding industries to appropriate staff; assist in developing professional relationships with key decision makers at the top employers in Oklahoma.
- Determine the available training and placement markets within the ecosystem employers in Oklahoma, including major segments and performance measures that provide both leading and lagging indicators. (i.e. CTE placement rates relative to available positions, percentage of incumbent worker training, graduate retention rates, etc.)
- Report issues and concerns directly to the appropriate ODCTE staff member for the purpose of enhancing the growth, development, and quality of career and technology education programs and services.
- Partner with internal staff to obtain and maintain a thorough knowledge of their respective ecosystem and then assist them in creating sustainable business relationships with business leaders.
- Collaborate and partner with internal divisions and external organizations to facilitate agency and system coordination regarding workforce development.
- Work to identify and leverage opportunities to develop partnerships between companies, technology center training programs, secondary and post-secondary ecosystem-related programs, and related statewide rapid workforce programs.
- Attend professional development activities, workshops, and in-service opportunities that support career and technology education programs and services.
- Assist with professional development of industrial coordinators, safety coordinators and BIS Directors at technology centers.
- Plan and coordinate travel arrangements to maximize impact and effectiveness.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must have a working knowledge of current technology including: computers, printers, copiers, fax machines and other related equipment. Applicant must have the ability to utilize a variety of software programs ranging from word processing to e-mail and internet utilization, and communicate effectively.
Salary/Benefits: $49,235 - $56,621 commensurate with education or experience. Health, dental, life and disability insurance; flexible benefits plan; teacher’s retirement; vacation/sick leave; paid holidays; employee assistance program; and flex-time options. Total salary and benefits package valued at $61,235 - $69,176.
Posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days or until position is filled.
Send cover letter, including job title, and resume to:
Mail: Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education, Attn: Marie, 1500 West Seventh Ave., Stillwater, OK 74074.