Jami Longacre and Margaret Erling briefed membership on legislation that OEDC has been monitoring. Longacre and Erling reviewed OEDC’s legislative priorities and discussed our achievements to date for 2013. Longacre and Erling also discussed areas of continued focus for OEDC moving forward in 2014. Click here for the handout.
Last month, OEDC members passed out coins to the entire legislature with a list of facts from the Oklahoma Department of Commerce. Included with the coins was a thank you note to our legislators for their support of economic development legislation. These ideas spotlight accomplishments that everyone involved in economic development in Oklahoma can review with great pride. This also helps highlight the crucial role the local economic development professionals play in the very important task in keeping Oklahoma’s economy moving forward.
- The Average Annual Wage in Oklahoma was $40,746 in 2011, which is 4.9% higher than the $38,854 average annual wage in 2010.
- Oklahoma Per Capita Personal Income (PCPI) was 90.7% of the United States in 2011. This is in comparison to 89.3% of the United States in 2010.
- For 2012, Oklahoma gained 34,400 jobs with a growth rate of 2.2%. Oklahoma ranked 6th in the U.S. in terms of total percentage growth from December 2011 to December 2012.
- For 2012, Oklahoma gained 5,000 manufacturing jobs with a growth rate of 3.8%. Oklahoma ranked 3rd in total percentage manufacturing growth from December 2011 to December 2012.
- According to BLS, 2012 Unemployment Rate in Oklahoma was 5.1%; 6th lowest in the US.
Original Meeting Notice:
On May 14, OEDC Members will visit with legislative leaders, pass out materials, sit in on committee meetings and help with economic development legislation. We will meet at 1:00 p.m. for a lobbying overview before visiting with legislators. This meeting is critical and it is our last opportunity to gather at the Capitol to discuss OEDC’s top priorities with legislators before the end of session. Please make every effort to attend this meeting.
Blue Room in the Oklahoma State Capitol
2300 N Lincoln Blvd
2nd Floor, East Hallway
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
Please RSVP to Sara Sciara by Friday, May 10, if you plan to attend.